LitvakSIG activites at Orlando Conference - join us
From: Carol Hoffman (saftacarolgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 05:56:57 -0700 (PDT)
I hope to meet each of you personally at the forthcoming IAJGS 2017
conference in Orlando, FL, between the dates 23-28 July 2017. Hurry
and register before the deadline of Early bird Registration tomorrow,
Thursday, 20 April.

Below are some of our programs:

LitvakSIG will be at the SHARE Fair to greet you - stop by and see us;
we'll be there in person and will try to help you solve some of your
mysteries.

Wednesday, 26 July is LitvakSIG day. I'll be presenting a basic guide
to getting started with your Litvak roots. Judy Baston then will give
her outstanding presentation, Enhancing Your Litvak Research, on how
to go about the search and navigating the LitvakSIG website - it's a
must - she always has something new to teach us. We'll have our annual
meeting with our reports and elections to the board followed by the
LitvakSIG luncheon when Alisa New will greet us. Alisa wrote the
fabulous book, Jacob's Cane - sign up early - last year we were
overbooked almost before the registration began. Later that afternoon
Eli Rabinowitz will present the movie, in the Footsteps of Zalman
Tzoref: Tracing 200 Years of Litvak
Family History .

Many of the District Research coordinators will be with us holding
separate functions - BOG, Birds of a Feather: Jill Anderson will be
holding a combined meeting for Telsai and Siauliai, Judy Baston will
greet those interested in Lida/Oshmiany, Rhoda Miller will hold the
Svencionys meeting, Suwalki Gubernia will be held online with Dorothy
Leivers from Leeds, England, Jill Anderson will be happy to meet all
Vilnius reseachers, and those interested in Kupsikis/Rokiskis are
urged to attend the BOF.

Of interest we heard from Phil Goldfarb, President JGS Tulsa,  who
wrotethe following
information: "...During my presentation on the "History of Passports
and Passport applications of Famous Individuals in the U.S." I will
have a section devoted to Russian Empire Internal Passports, Nansen
Passports for Refugees, and Lithuanian Internal Passports. The
presentation is Monday, July 24 at 9:45 am.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando. Come join us!

Carol Hoffman
LitvakSIG President
  • (no other messages in thread)