JewishGen@IAJGS2017
From: Avraham Groll (AGrollmjhnyc.org)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Experienced and New JewishGen Family Members,

Welcome to the 2017 IAJGS Conference!

Each day, JewishGen.org provides thousands of people throughout the world with
the opportunity to research their Jewish lineage, connect with relatives, and
learn from others. It's because of you - our JewishGen researchers, volunteers,
users and supporters - that JewishGen has become the largest and most
significant resource for Jewish genealogy in the world, and it's a privilege to
gather together with you, here in Orlando, for what will surely be an amazing
conference.

JewishGen is offering an outstanding variety of sessions, workshops, and
luncheons throughout the week, and I encourage you to take advantage of
everything we have to offer. You can download a flyer with select offerings by
clicking here: http://www.jewishgen.org/jewishgen/conferences/JewishGen [at]
IAJGS2017.pdf

Please make sure to visit JewishGen's Exhibitor Booth in the Vendor Hall, and
participate in our Booth Talks, where you can hear directly from JewishGen
experts on a variety of topics. A schedule will be posted in the booth.

Of particular note, you won't want to miss JewishGen Night on Wednesday, July
26, 2017, from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM in the Osprey 1 conference room. At this
session, we will announce a major new initiative that is unlike anything
JewishGen has done before, and discuss some of the principles and values that
are guiding our long-term strategic objectives.

We will also review new additions to our collections, a variety of new
partnerships, announce our Volunteer of the Year, offer a tribute to a
JewishGen SIG, and for the first time, recognize a Jewish Genealogical Society
for their outstanding contribution to JewishGen. And much more. It will be a
very illuminating and inspiring session, and I look forward to greeting
everyone.

Wishing you all a tremendously successful and enjoyable conference experience!

Avraham Groll
Director
JewishGen.org

PS. If you need assistance from JewishGen during the conference, please stop by
the JewishGen booth starting at 9:00 AM each morning, until the vendor hall
closes.
  • (no other messages in thread)