Chernigov BOF to meet July 24
From: Beth Galleto (galletopacbell.net)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 07:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
To all those researching the Chernigov gubernia,

As part of the upcoming IAJGS Conference in Orlando, a meeting of the Chernigov Gubernia BOF is scheduled for Monday, July 24 from 2 to 3:15 p.m. in the Parrot 2 Room at the conference hotel.

Have any of you made new discoveries about the Chernigov gubernia or any of its towns and cities? Have you started or continued research projects focused on this area? Please come and share with us.
(The area includes places now in Ukraine and the Russian Republic such as Berezna, Sosnitsa, Nizhyn, Konotop, Novozybkov, Klintsy, Unecha, Baklan, Pochep, Starodub, Surazh, Mglin, Pogar, and many others.)

Meeting objectives include:
1. to get acquainted (or reacquainted) and see whether we can find any connections among our ancestral names and places;
2. to find out what new information we have learned and resources we have found concerning this region;
3. to discuss possible projects to help researchers;
4. to find out if there is any interest in making a trip to parts of the Chernigov gubernia following next year's conference in Warsaw.

Last year's meeting was very positive and enthusiastic, and I hope the same will be true again.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on July 24.
Beth Galleto
BOF meeting organizer and Pochep Town Leader
  • (no other messages in thread)